Monday, May 14, 2012

Great News! New Throw Kits Will Soon Be Available!

contributed by Shawn

We used to sell the Colinette AbFab Afghan kits in the shop.  Before we stopped selling these kits a few years ago, I offered to knit my mom one in the colors of her choice.  I started it and was about half-way through when I got distracted by other projects. 

I finally pulled it out last week and completed it just in time to send it off to my mom as a surprise Mother's Day gift!  It was so easy since the stitches aren't complicated - the effect is all about the colors and textures!  I can't believe I didn't finish this long ago. It's really a beautiful piece and I even took the time to do the tassels and it looks amazing.
Jill was in town this past week meeting with all of our sales reps. She and Barb bought a lot of fun new things for fall and winter, including... new mixed fiber afghan kits! 

Stay tuned, because we've got about 6 or 7 colorways coming in a gorgeous afghan kit from Mountain Colors! We can't wait to have these in the shop.

2 comments:

Jane (Shawn's proud mother) said...

The photo doesn't do it justice. It's absolutely beautiful. The colors and textures are stunning. I waited a long time, but it was well worth the wait and a great Mother's Day surprise.

sue said...

Beautiful! The colors look yummy. Great job.