Friday, May 04, 2012

Color Fade Hats

contributed by Shawn

My color fade hat seems to be a hit.  After my original test (Jordan's) I knit up another one using a brighter green and this seems to have gotten everyone's attention. 
I'm working on multiple requests for additional hats in different color schemes. I snagged some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool when it was discounted. 
There are some colors left, but if you want to grab it, don't delay! Once it is gone, I think the Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport yarn will be a great substitute. There are so many possible combinations... I might have to take a color card home to facilitate this process! 
The hat is a simple rib pattern and can be worn as a reversible piece.  Everyone who has been begging me for one of these hats is a guy - so I guess you should put it on your list of guy gifts for this season's holidays!

No comments: