Friday, January 15, 2010

WANTED: CraftyHedgehog

Yesterday I was looking on Ravelry to find a link for a pattern that Emily had just finished (I'll be posting it tomorrow.)

I came across some of her photos of finished projects, couldn't stop laughing when I saw this picture: When Emily comes in to the shop each morning at 8:30am, we hear her before we see her. We hear the opening and closing of the back door, the boot stomping (for snow removal!) and then the footsteps coming up the stairs.

Each day, our first glimpse of Emily is the same... she's totally bundled up and wearing her awesome striped hat. This hat is adorable and super warm, made with Spud & Chloe Outer.
Because it's my first vision of Emily every day, it's how I would picture her if were to I close my eyes. But Emily's always smiling, and she's NOT smiling in these pictures! That's why I found it so funny. (I know though, that it's HARD to smile when you're photographing yourself!)
I feel like I'm looking at a mug shot, of... I don't know, a serial knitter?
Some days you just need a chuckle. And yesterday, Emily delivered. Thanks Emily!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

where can i find this hat pattern?thanks.

Anonymous said...

what is the hat pattern

Jill said...

Emily made up this pattern. Think rectangle with stripes (cast on is at neck, bind off is at top of hat, which is then folded in half and seamed - or use three needle bindoff.) Pick up and knit a ribbing around the neck edge, and pick up and knit around face edge with a quick bind off. Make I-cord or braided ties, attach, and enjoy!