Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Manic-in Monday

I've recently started a knitting project with a Noro yarn, and at night when I go to bed and close my eyes, I have gorgeous stripes imprinted on the backs of my eyelids. It's a lovely treat, especially since outside it's mostly white, grey and brown!

This week's sweater is a great staple to add to any wardrobe. It's a nice deep v-neck with a slightly cropped length (make it longer if you'd like!) and nicely done pockets. A nice lightweight scarf in a super soft cashmere will keep that neck warm.
My thoughts:
I just LOVE how the Noro stripes do NOT match up on cardigans.
If you're super anal about being matchy-matchy with your stripes,
go with a pullover or use a different yarn.

Sweater: Design #3 in Noro Collection 3, Jenny Watson Designs, knit with Noro Kureyon yarn (sorry, this color has just been discontinued!) The pattern calls for Noro Silk Garden, so go with whichever one you like best.


Here it is pictured in the Noro Silk Garden:

4 comments:

Carol said...

I like that sweater! It's cute.

choo choo knits said...

Love the sweater - your Manic-in is very stylish! :o)

Anonymous said...

Love the top photo color combinations!!! Fantastic eye candy!

Norma said...

I HAVE to do this sweater. Love it! (boo that that colorway is discontinued, though)