Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thumbs UP for Comfort!

I had a lot of car time this weekend, and spent a good deal of it knitting some preemie hats. I had made some in Plymouth Dreambaby DK recently, and this weekend I took Berroco Comfort DK.

WOW. I've always loved Dreambaby DK. It's a "go-to" yarn for all baby items - whether preemie or full sized. But over the years we've grown a little tired of the colors. They've added a few muted shades, that are pretty, but they haven't really deviated from the pastels of old. And new moms these days are anything but old school!
We have new moms coming in wanting oranges, browns, bright greens, teals and more. So when Comfort DK was introduced, we were thrilled!

The color range is so fun, it's actually outselling the Dreambaby DK now. And I have to say, it's just a BIT thicker than Dreambaby DK. Which results in the softest, cushiest little baby hats EVER! So give Comfort DK a try. We think you'll love it!

1 comment:

choo choo knits said...

new ideas for babies are perfect for me - I feel like I've knit a million blankets this year - happy to incorporate something new (esp since I was a Dreambaby user too!)