Friday, September 11, 2009

Interweave Knits Weekend

Interweave Knits just came out with a special issue called "Weekend" and it's got some great projects in it! When a new magazine comes out, we always look through it to see what yarns are featured. Sometimes, we carry a lot of the featured yarns. Other times, we don't. With all the amazing yarns out there, it's impossible to have EVERY yarn featured in EVERY pattern. And we substitute yarns more often than not.
So it's fun to go through the mags and get our "substitution list" ready for when folks come in wanting to make these items!
I love the Twisted Pine Pullover (below, left) and I would probably start swatching Tahki Donegal Tweed or Berroco Blackstone Tweed for this sweater. The Sailor's Rib Sweater (below, right) is adorable, and I think this would be perfect in Dream in Color Classy or Malabrigo Worsted. For a less expensive price tag, Berroco Comfort would be a good choice. The Gooseberry Cardigan (below, center) would be a great addition to my wardrobe. I think it has such a flattering fit! I've been looking for a project for Debbie Bliss Rialto, and it would work really well for this sweater. The Abacus Towel (below, right) is a great gift idea! Tahki Cotton Classic is a great yarn for this project - it would be inexpensive, and the color choices are endless. The Hero Pullover (below, left) is another great sweater for guys! The front is a chevron pattern, but the sleeves and back are ribbed. This sweater is screaming out "1824 Wool!!" to me, and thankfully that yarn just arrived today and will be available online in a day or two. And I just love Stefanie Japel's little Whirligig Shrug (below, left.) Too bad I don't have a little girl to make this for, but if I do need to make any baby girl gifts, this will be my choice! I would make it in Berroco Pure Pima. Or Cascade Cotton Rich DK. Or Louisa Harding Kashmir Baby. Or Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. OK, I'll stop. I have a hard time picking out a DK yarn - we have so many great ones!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Update! We were asked if this special issue of KNITS would be arriving in subscribers' mailboxes. And the answer is NO. A KNITS subscription includes their 4 regular magazines. They usually add one or two special issues that are available in shops and on newstands only.