Friday, September 25, 2009

A quick gift for a weekend away, and it's a free pattern!

This weekend we're going to visit some friends outside of Boston. The weekend is getting cut short a bit, as we're coming back early so I can be there for the presentation of our charity blankets on Sunday. But the kids are super excited for our visit to the Boston Museum of Science. Did you know that tomorrow is Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day, and you can enjoy free general admission for you and a guest to hundreds of museums and cultural venues nationwide? Now you know!

I never know what to take people when we go to visit, but I usually take some specialty Vermont food items - maple syrup, cheese, something like that. Now that the Mission Falls 1824 Cotton is back in stock, I thought I'd whip up a couple of potholders. Who can't use extra potholders? I know I can. And this pattern is so easy and fun that even someone who is a beginner at crochet can tackle it easily. Last night I whipped one up in one of the new variegated colors. On the car ride down to MA later today, I plan to make a solid one to coordinate.

Want to learn how to make these? Sign up for Shawn's class next month. Talk about an easy and fun holiday gift... one or two potholders with some homebaked bread or cookies? I'm already thinking teacher gifts...

And here's Shawn's in another of the variegated cottons. Gorgeous! For those of you who already know how to crochet, here's the free pattern for these. Enjoy!

1 comment:

choo choo knits said...

I've got a ride to Martha's Vineyard coming up - sounds like the perfect car project!