Friday, July 11, 2008

Poolside knitting

So my kids are taking swimming lessons at Maple Street Pool this week and next week. They're having a blast. I'm surviving it, but only barely. I seem to have overscheduled them this week and next week, and it is very tiring for all of us!

But the silver lining is that I get to sit and knit while they swim, so that can't be too bad! I crocheted my Be Sweet clutch together the other night - and now I just have to put in the lining. Well, not me exactly. One of our good customers BJ was in about a week ago with her lovely mother, and we were talking about this clutch. I said I'd love to make it but I couldn't sew and didn't have a machine for the lining. She said she'd love to make the lining for me, and I was thrilled! So I did the knitting and crocheting, and now I'll call her and tell her it's ready for her to work her magic. It's a really cute bag.
Then last night I sat and started a cute little garter stitch cardigan out of Love It Colors.
I don't know why more people don't try this yarn! It is one of my favorites. It's got such a neat effect with the colors. I'm making the sweater and booties. It's an Ann Norling Pattern.
It's all worked in one piece - starting at the lower back, it goes up and over the shoulders, and then down the front. Because of the long color repeats, I may choose to use two balls at a time when making the booties. Otherwise they might look a bit funky... or cool, I guess I won't know until I try. Anyway, I love mindless knitting, especially when I'm so tired at the end of the day, and I'm watching the kids' attempts to learn freestyle... it's the perfect project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your store looks gorgeous. I wish I could run away from home and live there. I love, love, love the pictures of those adorable baby sweaters and the gorgeous yarn used to create them!
Suzanne (AussieKnitGirl on Ravelry)