Saturday, February 20, 2010

Projects for upcoming classes

Last week I admitted that I've finished only one project in 2010. That's because I have so many different projects on needles right now! I've now finished another project, the Quincy Hat (from Jared Flood's Made in Brooklyn) that I started for our recent class on the same project. Just one skein of Rowan Cocoon - this is a great hat.

One reason I have so many things on my needles is because I'm getting ready for our upcoming knitting classes!


I've started the Newborn Sweater for the next First Time Sweater class. This is our own pattern and I'm using one of our new yarns, Classic Elite Katydid. This is a nice organic cotton tape yarn that knits up nicely and in my new favorite color - green.

I've also started an entrelac project called Quant. This is a free headband pattern from Knitty.com and I'm using Berroco Jasper. This class is coming up next month so I wanted to make up the pattern beforehand to display in the shop. This is a really fun project... sign up!


Barb's Finishing Class is next week, so I have to finish my swatch 'homework' for that. Emily and I are both sitting in on Barb's class so we will all be able to teach it in the future. We all know how to seam properly, but we try to be really consistent in how we teach certain techniques, and finishing is one of those techniques. Next week's class is full, but we've scheduled another session in April if you you'd like some excellent instruction on seaming your finished pieces together.

I also have a pair of striped socks (Yankee Knitter Classic Socks for the Family) on my needles. I started these to demonstrate the jogless stripe technique in our last Tips and Tricks class, and will show them in the next Tips & Tricks class as well. That class filled up so quickly that we're offering it again. There are only a few spots left, so hurry and sign up.

So I have lots of projects, and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming classes. More about the rest of the classes in another post.

No comments: