Friday, February 26, 2010

More class preparations

Part two of my class prep work!

I've just finished the charted and written instructions for our Cables 101 class. I'll be working up these swatches myself, to be sure there are no errors in the directions! (Proofing is important in knitting too!) When I knit these swatches, I'm going to practice my "cabling without a cable needle" because we cover that in the Tips and Tricks class and I find that the cables knit up faster when I don't have an extra needle to wrangle.

I'm working on a crochet sampler in worsted weight wool for the Intro Crochet workshop in our Crochet Workshop series. I'm looking forward to our next needle shipment because Barb taught me how to crochet with an afghan hook in preparation for this series of workshops. Now I need my own needle so I can work up a double ended crochet washcloth demo for the second class in the series.

Barb is already working on her scarf sample for the third crochet class in a new cotton & acrylic yarn, Berroco Weekend. I got to help pick out colors and it is going to be a striking spring scarf if I may say so. Stay tuned!

No comments: