Here's a re-cap of the best picks for the past few weeks!
Best Picks Patterns:
* Fiber Trends Snowboarder Hats for Everyone (AC91) is a quick and fun knit! We knit our sample of this hat in less than 3 hours. Once we put the photo up on the web, we couldn't keep the pattern in stock (don't worry, we have it now!) The hat uses Lamb's Pride Bulky and Mille Colori Big, and would make a great holiday gift. The pattern is for adults, but it includes alterations for smaller heads.
* Norah Gaughan for Men is a collection of stunning patterns for men, in gorgeous colors of Berroco yarns. Our customers are snatching up these books at a record rate because it isn't easy to find such great colors and designs for the guys on your knit wear list.
Best Pick Accessories:
* Lantern Moon Rice Baskets are hot! We like these so much that we always fill them with yarn and use them as displays in the shop! But, they are really great project baskets and wonderful display pieces for your home. An added bonus? They come from Lantern Moon, a women's artist cooperative in Vietnam.
Best Pick Yarns:
* Lang Mille Colori Big is a sumptuously soft, variegated, machine washable yarn that comes in a huge 207 yard skein. One skein will make a bulky scarf (pattern included on the label), or grab a Lamb's Pride Bulky and make the Snowboarder Hat (above.)
* Berroco Sundae is another bulky yarn that's become a new favorite. Barb recently knit up a Super Bulky Button Hat in this yarn and it is gorgeous. We've always used Malabrigo Chunky for this hat, but it's such a great pattern, it's super to see it worked up in different yarn choices like the Sundae.
Best Picks Projects:
* The Simple Scarf made with Tilli Tomas Angel is just that... simple! But the yarn is so decadent. One skein knits up to create a gorgeous length of warm and fuzzy beaded goodness! The scarf pattern is included with the yarn purchase. We don't have this one photographed yet, but come in and check it out!
* The Half Crepe Shawl has been in the front hallway for a couple of weeks and continues to draw "oohs" and "aahs" from our customers. It is knit from a single skein of the Mountain Colors Half Crepe yarn. It's a great beginner project and a free pattern comes with the purchase of each skein. The shawl hugs your shoulders and doesn't slip because of the unique construction of the yarn... it's slightly elastic when knit! Check this one out in person, too if you have a chance.