Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Over the Moon

The Cherished Book by Kim Hargreaves is a top seller in the shop. It seems like every couple of weeks we have sold out and I am receiving another shipment of this book.

Each time I receive it, I get a chance to flip through all of the wonderful patterns in this book.  One of my favorites is the Moon Hat. I've loved the Rowan Cocoon since last winter when I knit the Quincy Hat. I've been looking for another hat pattern to show off it's silky texture, and I knew this could be the one!

The hat is knit flat so that it is easier to work the lace pattern. However, since every other row is a purl row you could easily adapt this hat pattern to be knit in the round.

The pattern calls for 2 skeins of Cocoon.  I had just one skein to start with so I went ahead and began the project. Somehow I managed to squeak it out of one skein. I didn't have much yarn left as you can see.

I would recommend starting with two skeins to be sure you aren't a couple of rows short on yarn!  The hat is super warm and just a bit slouchy.  Remember our mannequin head has no hair so hats look a little bigger on her! 

No comments: