Friday, October 07, 2011

Show and Tell

One of the things I miss the most about being at the shop everyday, is the show and tell that happens each morning! Everybody on the Kyarns staff loves to knit, obviously. And we've also got crocheters, spinners and weavers, so you can imagine the goodies we drool over on a daily basis.

After three months of being 4,000 miles away, I realized the other morning while here at the shop that I don't get to see the goods! They are all still here each morning, oohing and aahing over what's on the needles, and I am definitely missing out!

Well I'm determined to get in on the action. I mean after all, we've proven that we can work wonders with me this far away. We've gotten more high tech with how we are doing things here, and certainly there's got to be a way that they can include me in the show & tell!?

So starting now, when show & tell is in progress, they're going to whip out the camera, and write me a little blurb on what they're doing, why they're doing it, what yarn they're using, etc. There's a story behind every project and this way I get to see it, and I get to share it with you. So it's the best of both worlds...

Yesterday Emily wasn't scheduled to work, but she came in to help a customer with the Greenway afghan. This crocheted afghan is gorgeous and in the Comfort Knitting and Crochet Afghan Book, is is shown in Berroco Comfort.

Emily chose four muted shades of Manos del Uruguay Wool Classica and Plymouth Galway Worsted in off white. It's simply stunning! For all you crocheters out there, this is a free pattern on Berroco's website, so check it out! I just love the colors she chose!

She's working hard on this afghan. I caught her working a few rows while waiting for her lunch to heat up. (Another thing I miss! The smell of Emily's yummy lunches heating in the kitchen...)


Emily did say that the Manos is a bit thicker than the Galway, so if she had to do it again she'd use the Cascade Eco Wool in place of the Galway, OR she'd do the whole thing in Manos Rittenhouse or Galway Worsted.

And Chrissy brought in a blanket she's working on today too. She's making a beautiful lap blanket out of Comfort Chunky. The pattern is an adaptation of a the Half Log Cabin Ombre Blanket.

Chrissy wanted to make a masculine version of a comfort/prayer shawl for a male friend of hers who is fighting cancer. She wanted something quick and simple, that would be soft and comfy. She's going to add an extra skein of the black to make it a bit larger. I think it will be really well received... it's beautiful and would be so cozy to sit with.

No comments: