Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I just made the Knitbits pattern from December 11, 2009. Knitbits is Berroco's e-newsletter that includes a free pattern each week. The Jejune hat is knit with Inca Gold (one of my favorite yarns) and I picked colors #6448 and #6424. The pattern was an unusual looking project and as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to give it a try.

I must admit that the pattern instructions were a bit unusual too! The instructions are written a bit differently than I was used to. But with a little searching on ravelry (other folks were stumped too!) I managed to interpret the directions.
Turns out, it's a great example of needing to read the pattern and do EXACTLY what it asks you to do. It turned out to be quite easy once I understood the method involved in creating the textured bumps. It was such a quick knit, that I've already been able to wear it a lot. And that's good, since it's now very white and cold here in Vermont!

No comments: