Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Road trip hat

With a road trip planned with a friend last weekend (she was driving), I needed to find a knitting project that woud keep my hands busy, without requiring too much thought. Jill had recently swatched the Manos Silk Blend yarn, and had two partial balls left. The Silk Cap in the new Primera Book had caught my eye. I probably would have selected two semi-solid colors, but we had a semi-solid and a multi color already open, so I figured, why not give it a try, to see what it would look like?


The yarn was a pure dream to knit with and the color design still showed, it was just a little more subtle than the one pictured with two solids. The hat looked better after a very soft blocking.

Now I'm on the lookout for a pattern to knit something for myself with this yarn. Maybe a vest for spring?

No comments: