Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Regia Softy - not just for socks

We are buried in new yarns here. This is the time of year when we get all of the new yarns from our vendors, as well as new colors of existing yarns. In fact, UPS just brought us 10 boxes today. It's so hard because obviously, we want to knit with all of the new yarns, and it can be really difficult to stay focused when they are all so tantalizing! I am really trying to finish up some projects, but of course that didn't stop me from starting a few new ones over the weekend.

For one project, I used Softy - a new sportweight sock yarn from Regia. This yarn is perfect for a nice pair of squishy socks - socks that would be worn at night or on the weekends... lounge-around socks. I also see this yarn in scarves, hats and wristers... and since I wanted immediate gratification (and because my hands are always freezing) I whipped up a pair of wristers this past Sunday.
Softy is a blend of superwash wool and nylon. I used size 4 knitting needles and worked a 2x2 rib. I knit them flat, and then seamed them up to fit. The yarn was soft and the knitting was speedy on my Addi Turbos. I wore the wristers yesterday - and they were so soft, warm and cushy. Loved them! And this yarn is not just limited to accessories and socks. It's perfect for baby sweaters and blankets!

No comments: