Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Coolest New Hat!

Michele just finished this hat for her son Eli. And it's SO cool.
The pattern is in the new Son of Stitch'n Bitch and she used Jawoll Solid Fingering Weight Sock Yarn (brown) and Baby Ull (green). The book is, in our opinion, well worth it. It has a lot of great projects.

The other night I hooked a cloud. And I am so thrilled with how it came out! I know - it's silly to be so in love with a stupid cloud, but maybe some of you can understand. I was really concerned about how it would look - I had two different wools, which seemed to work, but before I started hooking I had my doubts. Not anymore. It's perfect. It came out SO much better than I had expected. And the wools, which I didn't think would even work so well together, surprised me. Now I am tackling the sky, in three different shades of blue. I've done some work on the figures, but those are hooked in a #3 cut, and to be honest, I'm scared of hooking the faces. Not sure how they will turn out, so I'm saving them for later.

Want to see the most popular sample in the shop? For several weeks now, it's been this awesome shrug out of Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky. Nobody can even figure out what it is when it's not on a body, so it's certainly a conversation starter! And we just got in 2 great new colors of the Baby Alpaca Chunky, with Navy on the way.

Enjoy the warm weather - it's pushing 60 degrees out there! The white stuff is almost completely gone. These January thaws are getting to be routine.

No comments: