Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Oooh, la la! New Tillis online!

Yesterday I got some yummy Tillis in... Tracy sent me one of each color in Fil de le Mer:
Voile de la Mer:
Demi Plie (sorry, blurry picture):
and two new silk lace yarns - one with beads and one with sequins:
These two aren't even on her site yet, they are that new! I photographed them and the first three are online now, the last two will be up today. We order from Tilli Tomas almost daily and we've decided to add these 5 yarns to our offering. They are all amazing - Fil de la Mer and Voile de la Mer are blends of silk and seacell (kelp!) If you haven't tried a Tilli Tomas yarn, you are really missing out on a heavenly knitting experience! They are amazing.


Anyway, it always takes a lot of time to get things photographed and online, but it's important. Helen was waiting patiently while I finished up at 5:15 last night. As long as she has a book, she's content.

Today I have to get an email ready to go out. Jumbo Loop from Cherry Tree Hill is no longer... Cheryl called me last week and said she can't get it anymore. So I took the rest of her stock (we LOVE this yarn!). We already pulled the stock we had in the shop, and we got 4 skeins (1 dyelot) in each of her custom colorways, plus 4 skeins (1 dyelot) in 13 solids/semi solids. It takes 4 skeins to make an awesome throw (easy seed stitch on a size 17 needle), or 2 skeins to make a shawl. I'm not sure how I'm going to offer these online (lots of 2? lots of 4?) but I'll figure that out today. I have to take my camera and computer over to the warehouse to photograph these colors - there are so many that I can't possibly lug them over to the shop. That, and it's raining.


I hooked some of the sky last night, and I'm hoping that 3 pieces of blue (each slightly different) will be enough to do it. I'm doubting it though. So I think I will need to grab another blue just to be safe. I'm having a hard time putting it down at night. I keep thinking, I'll just hook one more piece of wool, and then it's way past my bedtime! It is truly addicting.


I'm in the midst of working on some exciting new changes for the website. Yes, a bit of a redesign! I'm very happy with it the way it is, but I feel there are some things we can definitely change for the better. So hopefully in the next few weeks we'll be able to unveil these changes to all of you!

No comments: