Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Heading south

Tomorrow I am heading south for a few days of R&R with my husband and the girls. We're going to Sanibel Island to see my parents, and I'm even making a special yarn delivery (of some Lobster Pot Cashmere in the color Salt Rose) to Lois H., our local customer who is in Sanibel this month. She's actually staying down the road from my parents, so I'm sure I will run into her more than once! She called the other day and asked me to pack a skein of the Lobster Pot for her. I know she's working on a gansey, and I think she must be in search of something a little more mindless as a break from the sweater.
Last week I did manage to dye some wools on Friday. This one was my favorite!
My current rug is coming along: I hate to put it down for the next week while I'm away, but it's really not a travel project. So I have packed some Babyboo, brand new from K1C2. It's a machine washable blend of bamboo and nylon, and I'm making a little sweater called "I Love You Baby" which is featured in K1C2's add in the latest magazines. We'll have it online, both the sweater and the pattern, when I'm finished.
Boy were we hopping last week with the Jumbo Loop Throw sale. This is what we sold in the first few hours of the sale:
And this:
And finally this:
Needless to say, we had a lot of big boxes in the mail that day. We still have a bit of the Jumbo Loop left - online only.
Suzie brought in her gorgeous cable & rib scarf - knit with King George. She RAVES about this yarn each time we see her. The scarf is just beautiful - and the pattern is new - we have it in the shop, and it will be online next week.

Yesterday and today were days for major reorganization in the shop. We are getting 20 colors of Sierra (by Cascade) on Friday, and then any day now we hope to get our Silky Wool by Malabrigo. It is going to be SO exciting when that arrives. So we had to completely reorganize the back of the worsted room. We really consolidated things - it looks great! We do have empty shelves now, but don't be fooled. We didn't get rid of anything back there (only Berroco Nostalgia - which is now on sale online.) When the new yarns come in and are out on the shelves, we will actually have SO MUCH MORE to choose from. And hey, who can argue with that?

Barb is knitting Norah Gaughan's Ellis sweater out of Berroco Love It. I think she will be finished maybe sometime next week? Can't wait to see it. And Joy just finished the Banesha out of Bonsai - it is SO cute! Thanks Joy!

No comments: