Friday, July 08, 2011

New Knit Noro book!

contributed by Shawn

I really enjoy working with Noro yarns. For me it really is all about the enjoyment I get from the brilliant colors that unravel themselves as you knit. So it is always great to get new and exciting things from Noro.

This time it is a book called Knit Noro and it's full of wonderfully colorful knits! The photographs are AMAZING. The book has 30 designs and I like every single one. There are patterns for everyone in this book including sweater projects, afghans, hats, gloves, socks, and scarves. The designs span a wide range of skill levels so you will be sure to find 3 or more projects inside that you want to add to your knitting queue.

Since I'm currently knitting a Silk Garden afghan I am of course already planning another Noro afghan and the Modular Afghan is definitely going to be it!

Customer Renee J. and I already agreed that we will both be knitting this and we covet the colorway of Taiyo shown in the photo.

I'll be reserving a skein of Silk Garden from my current afghan stash to try the Spiral Beanie. (I might have to do this before the mitered square afghan is finished.)

In the spirit of utilizing as many colors as possible I think I will also have to pick out two Kureyon colors for the Fair Isle Cap.

Speaking of Fair Isle, the Fair Isle Cardigan in the book is not to be missed!

Looking for something a little more portable for summer knitting? I can't wait to try out the Diamonds and Stripes Gloves knit from Silk Garden Sock.

I'm also looking forward to adding the Ridged Ripples Scarf (reversible!), Felted Cloche, and Hooded Vest to my queue.

That covers only 8 projects out of 30! There are so many more to choose from...oh afghan we must have some quality time together soon so that I can move on to other projects!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I love watching the color change as I knit - the patterns are great - can't wait to start a new project from this book

Emily said...

Oh, an afghan in Taiyo -- what a dream! That has got to be one of the nicest cotton blends I've ever knit with. (Like I need another afghan to add to my queue...)