Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Get wrapped up with fun stitch patterns!

Knitting new stitch patterns is always fun, but even knitting up a new pattern can quickly get "old" when it's a large project.

This isn't true with the Wrap Me Up pattern by Knitting at Knoon. We saw this knit up at TNNA in the Knitting at Knoon booth. I knew it would be a fun project, and a great idea for a class!
It's a fun wrap to knit, as it's a modular sampler wrap. The blocks are all different sizes, shapes and patterns. So just when I get bored with a stitch pattern, the block is done and I move on to a new one! It's going to be gorgeous when it's done.

I think I might like a small blanket done the same way. OR.. I have even been thinking of a scarf with a fingering weight yarn, smaller needles - but the same pattern. I can't wait to knit tonight! I'm moving on to another block.

Chris de Longpre intended this to be knit with a self striping yarn as the main color, with a solid yarn as the contrast color. Obviously any of the Noro yarns would be a wonderful choice - either the Silk Garden or the Kureyon would be just beautiful. We wanted to make our shop model in a washable yarn, and we also wanted to show that it can be an affordable project, so I chose
Jojoland Rhythm as my main color, and Vintage Wool for the contrast.

No comments: