Saturday, May 31, 2008

Welcome Sin City!

We carried Plymouth Sinsation a few years back, and now they have introduced Sin City - a lighter weight version of Sinsation with the teeniest fleck of glitz. I took home 2 balls of it last night and started a short scarf. I'm on size 8 needles and it's amazing to knit with. SO SO soft and really quick. I should be finished this evening.
Hope to put the yarn online in an hour or so. It's so hard to photograph that sparkle!

Tomorrow I need to felt my Noni lunch bag, it's been done for a few days now, but I had SO much laundry to do, that I couldn't spare the machine for a felting cycle. I also have to felt the handles for the Fair Isle Tote bag that Barb knit. It is beautiful, and has become a very popular kit in the shop. I think next week I will kit it up in some fun colors for our internet folks.

One week ago tomorrow we ran our Vermont City Marathon Relay - we've now got the pictures to prove it! What a gorgeous day it was - a big contrast to the wet and windy weather we are experiencing this weekend.

Here's Warren at the beginning - looking good:
and at the end of his leg... he really pushed himself hard!
Here's Michele at the beginning of her leg - what a gorgeous background in this shot! Lake Champlain and the Adirondaks behind... WOW. If it could be like this every day!
Here's me after 5 miles, with just a 1/2 mile to go, weaving in and around Waterfront Park:
And crossing the finish - big sense of relief!
Here's Kalen, who ran the whole marathon - what a great shot of her in downtown Burlington, at the beginning of her race.

No comments: