Saturday, May 10, 2008

Koigu + Cats = Catastrophe

A Koigu remnant. Part of my stash. Inside a zippered bag in a big wooden chest in the family room. Safely hidden from two feline frolickers who get into all sorts of mischief between the hours of 8am and 6pm, when the house is quiet and all humans are at work and school.

Cute cat. Sitting in a little wooden doll high chair. Looks so sweet and sleepy eyed and well behaved.

Koigu catastrophe.

Do my cats have super powers that enable them to lift a heavy wooden lid, take out my bag of Koigu, un-zip it, and remove a ball of yarn? That would be cool, but no. It turns out Helen and Sophie have been working on something for Mother's Day for me. I don't know what it is, as it's all been behind a closed door up in Sophie's room all week. But apparently they were using my Koigu scraps for some sort of decoration and left the bag un-zipped... and the door open.

Mystery solved. Koigu salvaged. Cats scolded. Bag re-zipped and hidden, again. Until next time.

P.S. Koigu is on sale. While supplies last. Online only.

No comments: