Friday, March 28, 2008

In a knitting rut?

I have to confess, I'm in a bit of a knitting rut. I've been working on my hooked rug non stop for the past week, and for the past two nights I've been too exhausted to do it. There's something about having to put a big frame on your lap that just makes it seem too... I don't know, tiring. So I've gone to bed early and cuddled up with a good book, which is a nice change.


And though we did have some gorgeously sunny days earlier this week, the gray skies are back and even the snow is back this morning. I love snow, but at this time of the year, I am ready for spring. Warmer temperatures would be most appreciated, as I have a half marathon coming up in the end of May and I would much rather be out there training with fewer layers on.


Luckily, some yarn arrived yesterday that really got my juices flowing! We got all new colors of the Twinkle Soft Chunky and I am going to dive in and make the Tidepool sweater from Twinkle's Weekend Knits. It should be a very quick knit - as it's on size 19 needles. It's only going to take 4 skeins, and I'm using Icy Blue and Sea Green. I'm a little worried about those huge needles - as I'm dealing with some hand/wrist pain right now... most likely from all the data entry I've been doing for our upcoming enhanced search feature.


We also got three huge boxes from Blue Sky Alpacas yesterday... Six AMAZING new colors of the Blue Sky Cotton in dyed colors, one awesome new color in the Blue Sky Organic Cotton, and 5 SICK new colors of the Blue Sky Worsted. I think those are my favorite.
I have always loved that yarn, but the colors have always been really neutral and dark. These new colors will WAKE YOU RIGHT UP. And they are certainly a sight for sore eyes, especially on a grey and snowy day like today. I might just have to break into a skein or two...

No comments: