Monday, March 03, 2008

Sounds like the beginning of a joke?

Once there was an inexperienced hooker, a giant snow-woman and a snowmobiling dog... But really, this was just my weekend!
The hooker part has to do with my crochet hook, which I picked up, after a 2 year hiatus. Barb recently taught a granny square class, and I got inspired... after all, I do love those granny squares. I took four gorgeous shades of the Jo Sharp Alpaca Silk Georgette and a size F hook, and reintroduced myself to hooking. Made myself a cute little beanie. Loved every minute of it, and am now inspired to finish some crochet pillows I started a couple of years ago out of the 200 Crochet Blocks book.
The giant snow-woman is - I guess - the largest snow-woman ever - or so the sign said. It's in Bethel, Maine, and this is what it looks like from a half mile away.
This is close up. See how tiny the person is at the base of this thing? And folks, that's a HUGE crane.Pretty cool! They think it will be there until June or July.
The snowmobiling dog - yep, it's true. Marc's aunt lives in Maine and loves to snowmobile. So does Baille, her Scottie. This is Baille's snowmobiling attire:It's a funny sight, for sure, but it doesn't really surprise me, because this dog also loves to kayak

And the snow in Maine? WOW. Lots of it. Like 4 feet in the backyard. And drifts that are 12 feet (or more) tall. At first we thought these were 2 mailboxes. But it's really just a little joke for drivers by. The top of the sign is at about the 5 foot mark. Really hard to tell in a picture.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

My parents live in Rumford Maine. I drive through Bethel to get there and last weekend (April 21st) the snow-woman was still standing proud....although VERY dirty!! We drove through Bethel late one night in March and she was rather scarey looking late at night like that!