Monday, October 01, 2007

We Leaf Peeped!

Wow. We did it! We ran our Leaf Peepers half marathon yesterday. What an amazing day for a little 13.1 mile run! It was just gorgeous weather, perfectly sunny, yet cool. The leaves were a bit on the dull side - perhaps our drought is the reason for that... but still, it was a great day. And here are some shots... Kalen and Michele at mile 2:
My own mile 2 cheering section - Marc (taking the picture), the girls and my mom:
Me at mile 2, shedding the t-shirt and gloves I had been wearing (hey, it started out cold!):
Kalen, always smiling... and approaching the finish at 2 hours 3 minutes:

My cheering section again... on the lookout for me to round that last bend:

And here we come! Michele (r) and I are heading in to the finish at 2 hours 18 minutes... yay! I beat my goal of 2.5 hours!:

Smiles all around - not bad for some yarn shop ladies!

And from running to knitting... we got in these AWESOME new monochromatic variegated Lamb's Prides today! Worsted and bulky... 8 colors. Very cool. We're one of the first shops to have them.

And some progress on the Aamu - almost done! Just another inch of ribbing on the neck, and then the sleeve ribbings. Maybe if the temps are cool I can wear it next week!?

And I just blocked our Retro Ribbed Cardigan (out of Green Mountain Sylvan Spirit) this weekend. It is not quite dry yet, but I LOVE this sweater. A great classic, ribbed sweater, but it fits great and it actually attractive on - unlike some I've seen! This is a perfect staple for any winter wardrobe.


No comments: