Friday, October 12, 2007

Knitting weather is upon us

What a cold morning here! 50 degrees, raining, and a bitter wind. Not good for outside activitites, but great for sitting inside and knitting. In fact, this week it has been nice and cool, and that cool weather always brings a lot of people into the shop. We've been quite busy.

I've been knitting a lot recently. I am wearing my Pure Merino top today - yay! It is so comfortable and warm. Michele wore hers on Wednesday and I should have gotten a picture, but I didn't... So next time she wears it, I will. Hers is brown, and she got compliments on it all day. Kalen is nearing completion on hers - maybe she'll be done next week?

I am almost finished the front of my Anais sweater. It's going faster than I thought it would, considering I am only on size 4 needles. I LOVE the Felted Tweed. I had to take a break from it last night, as the hexagons for the Aune skirt arrived! Joy knit the hexagons and the waistband, and I agreed to crochet everything together. I'm not a big crocheter, but look at what I accomplished last night! It was pretty easy, and once I block it again, it will be perfect. We are excited to wear it... We've been busy this week - dying wools for rug hooking, unloading lots of shipments, etc. We got in a number of new rug hooking kits. We've had such an increased interest in rug hooking, so we ordered some new kits that we haven't had before. We also brought in a few more patterns from Vermont Folk Rugs, and a number from Primitive Grace - those will be here next week. All this wool dying has made me want to start a new project. I'm not finished the checkerboard rug for the girls yet. I put it down this summer - it just got way too hot for it. And I think I want to start another one, and maybe have two going at a time. Just like knitting, it's hard to only have one project!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your sweater looks great. I love the Siamese cat brick cover! That goes on my wish list.