Monday, October 22, 2007

New Aktion sock yarn from Lang

Just in, Aktion sock yarn from Lang. Berroco KnitBits talked about it a couple of weeks ago, and we received it in the shop last week. Lang's sock yarns have been in 50g skeins before, but this one is 100g, so you only need one skein per pair of socks.
This "limited edition" program has gorgeous yarns that are put out monthly. And when they're gone, they're gone. We have 4 of the October colors in stock, and will be getting 4 of the November colors next month. They're quick movers!

Remember those cute kitties I got a little over a year ago? Look how cute they were.
They're still cute - really, they are great cats. I just thought that after the first year, they'd chill out a little. You know, mellow a bit. Not eat my yarn anymore and end up having emergency visits to the vet. Not eat every little plastic bead or hair elastic that my kids leave all over the place. Not steal my kids' stuffed animals and carry them around the house as if they were prey. Not make a huge mess every single day when we are all at work/school. Well, I thought wrong. If there's any bit of trouble that you think they could get into, they will.

Last weekend we went away for 2 nights. The girl across the street came to feed them and check on them. I guess she missed this.
Just my crocheted pillow project from a couple of years ago, still unfinished. On the bright side, it does look like they had fun with it, doesn't it?It wasn't just an open bag of yarn. It was actually hidden underneath another bag. Yes, it should have been behind closed doors, I know. And here's Maisy saying, "Who, ME!?!"
Lesson learned. Next time they're boarding at the vet.

Last night I started a new hooked rug. I was inspired by a piece of wool I spot dyed over a week ago. Just had to use it in a project! This is the wool.
This is the project.
It's going in my mudroom, which is being worked on, so I have some time to finish it.

No comments: