Friday, September 28, 2007

A day for dyeing

We've been selling a lot of rug hooking wools and patterns, so our wool selection was getting low! And it's not easy to dye wool when it's 80-90 degrees out - so earlier this week it just wasn't going to happen. Today I had some time, and it was supposed to be in the low 60's, so I cleared my schedule and hit the kitchen at 8:30am. By 9:30 am, with 2 burners going and the oven on 350 degrees, it was seriously hot in there. Luckily the 5 people in the rug hooking class across the hallway were feeling just fine, with the AC on and the door closed so the humidity I was creating didn't creep in.
I definitely got a lot done and some of them are so gorgeous that I am inspired to start hooking immediately! (I've been on a hooking break until the weather gets cooler!)
Michele brought in her latest finished rug:
and the one she is currently working on:
If there's time tomorrow Barb is going to do some more spot dyes. Those are easier and don't require as much standing over the stove.

Here are Michele and Kalen's Aamu sweaters.
I'm now up to the back neck again... gosh, could I finish it this weekend? Maybe - although the three of us will be running our half marathon on Sunday, so that cuts into the knitting time a bit. Weather is looking great - just PERFECT for a long run. We're all really excited, and getting a little nervous too. I have never run that far in my life, and I will be really happy if (a) I finish it! And (b) if I run it in under 2.5 hours. But hey, as long as I finish, I can always improve my time on the next one. We're pretty sure that of the three of us, Michele will finish first, with Kalen right behind her, and then me, a comfortable (!) distance behind. That's okay, though. I told them they better have some food and water waiting for me when I drag through the finish!

No comments: