Sunday, June 05, 2011

More squares, more colors, and I-cord

contributed by Shawn

Just thought I'd share an update: I went on a bit of a Noro Silk Garden
color search and picked out some additional skeins to add to my mitered squares blanket. I also found a color that has nice green/grey colors in it to use for the I-cord so I worked on weaving in all the ends that were surrounded by finished squares and applied the I-cord edging along the bottom. Take a look! Emily was inspired by my progress and she's begun working again on her blanket. I joked with her that we should begin a contest or race to see who can work to finish their project first. She scoffed. Emily is knitting her blanket in fingering weight yarn - that is a lot more stitches than the worsted weight in mine! I've hardly begun and she is 1/3 of the way through!

I still think she will beat me even though I don't have to knit as
many stitches. We'll see!

No comments: