Thursday, June 23, 2011

And the race is on!

contributed by Shawn

Yep, it is official. Emily and I are racing to see who can finish their mitered squares blanket first! Even though Emily is working on her blanket using much smaller needles and fingering weight yarn I am worried that I am very much behind her.

She sent me a couple of photos and told me the following: "I didn't quite realize how far along I was until I laid the blanket out on my king size bed -- I'm about halfway!"

Whew, I better get cracking. Emily has 408 squares done and I have about 150. (If I'm generous I'm about 1/4 of the way finished with my blanket in worsted weight garter stitch squares.)

Just to let you know Emily's blanket looks a bit different from mine because she is working her squares in stockinette stitch. The outer squares are still done in garter stitch to ensure the blanket lies flat when she finishes.

I think I better go knit...

No comments: