Thursday, April 14, 2011

One skein project... Noro Taiyo Sock yarn, in a shawl

For the past week, it's just been me, my Addi Lace needles and a lonely ball of Noro Taiyo Sock. Since our customers just LOVE a one skein project, I thought I'd whip one up.

This project has been great... short, speedy rows at first, giving way to longer, but still manageable rows, and more recently, very long and seemingly endless rows. I'm making a basic shawl in stockinette with some YO increases and I'm letting the Taiyo Sock yarn do the all the talking.

I think it has a lot to say:It's gorgeous! The other day I finished my last 2 rows and the bind off, and today it's blocking into perfection.
The colors are amazing and the size is too. Not too skimpy, not too long. It measures 52" wide by 27" deep (at longest point.) Yum!

Want to make one? I used a size 6 needle and 1 skein of Noro Taiyo Sock yarn. I followed the instructions for the Boneyard Shawl, but worked the whole thing in stockinette with YO increases. Enjoy!

No comments: