Monday, February 14, 2011

Interweave Knits Spring 2011 Preview

I got home the other day and found my copy of the Spring 2011 issue of Interweave Knits in the mailbox, and then yesterday, the copies for the shop arrived. I always love to see what new designs they tempt us with for spring! Especially when it's SO cold outside like it is today. Dreaming of spring knits can make the make the outside temps seem a bit milder, don't you think?

Lots of things caught my eye as I went through the magazine. I especially loved the Rowan advertisement on page 17 for their new yarn Savannah. We just received this yarn and pattern
booklet, and it's been very well received in the shop so far. We did receive a model as well, that is not photographed in the ad. There quite a few nice patterns for this yarn.

The V-yoke Cardigan photographed on page 21 is stunning, and knit out of another new yarn for us... Classic Elite Firefly.
This yarn is so gorgeous. We just knit up a scarf from a free pattern in Classic Elite's Web Letter Issue 131 website and it's just beautiful.

The Cranberry Island Throw pictured on page 45 is so cool!
It calls for Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky. It would be fun to pick out colors for this!

I think my favorite sweater in the entire magazine is the Drop Mesh Tee shown page 57.
We don't carry the yarn it calls for, but I would probably substitute Elsebeth Lavold Cool Wool or maybe the Plymouth Select Worsted Merino Superwash.

The Curvy Squares Tee shown on page 76 is made with Plymouth Mushishi.
I really like the wide neck and short sleeves, and of course, that gorgeous color.

Come on in and preview this magazine for yourself. After all, it's time to start thinking spring!

No comments: