Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Stripes Galore

Hope everyone's holiday weekend was fantastic! We sure had some hot weather here in the northeast, but it's better than a weekend of rain, so I'm not complaining. We celebrated the 4th by heading to our camp in Maine. Thankfully, the heat wasn't too much of an issue, since this is what went on for 3 days: And it was breezy enough for sailing, so that kept things cool. I figured that since the weekend was about stars & stripes, I would start a little striped project of my own. I didn't go with patriotic colors, but stripes are stripes. I'm making this:In these colors: And it's coming along nicely!The yarn is new for us. It's Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK from Sublime. Quite a mouthful! But even though I can't ever remember the "exact" name (I get it confused with Cashmerino and others!) it is so wonderful to knit with!! The colors are beautiful and the patterns are incredible. Each little booklet has a wonderful selection of baby patterns. This pattern is in the Second Little Sublime Knit Book #606.

L O V E !

1 comment:

choo choo knits said...

Just remembering...didn't you knit a striped sweater the last time you were at the lake too? :o) must be something about the lake that says "horizon" to your knitting. looks like a great time - glad you were able to get up there