Thursday, May 06, 2010

Knitting at the Bandstand

Yesterday was our kids' knitting group after school. I was on my way over to meet the kids at the library, but my grumbling tummy made me sidetrack to the grocery store, where I got some cookies for me and the kids. It was such a gorgeous day that we decided to take our snack and knitting outside to the town green, right next to the library. We have a lovely bandstand in the middle of the green, so we sat and worked on our strips, chatted, and ate some chocolate chip cookies. What could be better than that?
We were trying to figure out how many strips we have completed, how many strips are in progress, and how many more we'll need. We will have enough to make 2 blankets, and possibly a third! Once more strips are completed, the girls are going to figure out which ones will go together for each blanket, and we'll teach them how to seam them properly.
I decided to use up some of the leftover scraps to make a colorful strip. It's looking good! I can't wait to see them all put together.

No comments: