Could it perhaps be the first (and only? we don't know!) handknit Koigu bathrobe? Here are some stats:
- All garter stitch
- Single stranded Koigu KPPPM on size 7 needles
- All seams are 3 needle bindoff
- Crochet reinforcement across top to stabilize width from wrist to wrist
- Took about 4 months to complete (with numerous other projects in between!)
- 13 colors in the body and collar/placket, with an estimated 30+ more colors in the sleeves (remember the Koigu "Creativitiy Packs" we sold a while back? Guess who bought a bunch...?)
Who wouldn't want to wrap themselves up in handpainted merino each morning while making sandwiches, reading the paper and drinking coffee?
Next time I put on my cotton bathrobe, I may just have bathrobe envy!