Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back to reality

Boy did I miss some wacky weather! I got back to Vermont last night from Florida after a week of 85 degree warmth and sun to see the remnants of a big spring snowstorm, that dumped over 2 feet of snow on parts of Vermont. It was spotty - Barb had over 2 feet where she lives, with many trees down and many hours without power. In my town, and by the shop, there wasn't quite as much. But it did cause hiccups for late April that's for sure!

Yesterday morning we found out that both of our flights home to Vermont were cancelled, because of this wacky weather (snowstorm in VT, high winds at JFK). Marc and I worked our cell phones and laptops simultaneously to re-book some tickets. After many moons on hold (no worries, it's not too tough to be on hold when you are sitting on a beach, watching pelicans and dolphins frolicking in the sea) we were able to secure a route home. We did have quite the layover in Philadelphia, which was pretty boring. Thankfully we were all connected!
Shawn was worried I might not come home to the cold weather, but I did, and I must have brought the warmer temps with me. It's supposed to be close to 80 degrees this weekend!

My favorite picture from the trip is Sophie jumping some waves in Miami:And a comparison shot... We've been going to visit my parents in Sanibel for 8 years. This was taken 5 years ago, when the girls were almost 6.And this is from this week. They're almost 11. What a huge change! There was even a little knitting on the trip home. I'm making a baby blanket. The pattern is the Cottage Creations Log Cabin Blanket pattern, and I chose Berroco Comfort DK in 7 shades. It's looking awesome so far, and was a perfect, portable project. Lots of ends to weave in, I confess. But I do them as I go, and it makes it much better.Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

No comments: