Friday, August 08, 2008

Baby gift completed, heading for home

It's done! And very cute, if I do say so myself. I just love it. It was an easy pattern, and the yarn performed so well, as usual.The only downside to having multiple colors on the ruffles is that there were more ends to weave in. But not so many that I wouldn't do it again. It needs blocking, but since I'm on lake water here, it will have to wait until I get home. Which will be tomorrow afternoon. We're supposed to stay until Sunday, but with all the rain we've gotten, and the wall climbing we've been doing, all I have to say is... "We're OUTTA here."

Yesterday I spent a very quiet day here, alone at the camp. It was dark and damp and cold, and all I did was clean, do some laundry, watch some trash TV (LOVE the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency - it's so bad, it's GOOD!) and knit by the woodstove. Marc took the kids to Cabella's as an outing. It was 2 hours there, and 2 hours back. They had fun, seeing all of the taxidermied (is that a word?) animals and I was so glad to have the peace and quiet. Helen took pictures of every single "stuffed" animal at Cabella's and after spending 20 minutes looking at the pictures, I decided I had made the right decision to stay home alone!

Today I started another afghan square with Manos. I can't wait for the pattern booklet to be out because there is another octagonal afghan in it that is just incredible. Just wait!

One cute sight from the other day - a momma cat nursing her babies...If you look carefully, another kitty is hiding under the porch. Very cute to see, but also sad, considering the cats are wild, and we all know how fast they can multiply... and these do multiply, and multiply.I guess I will see what MY rascals have been up to tomorrow afternoon. I hope, that with only a petsitter coming to see them twice a day, they have behaved. I'm not betting any money on it, though!

No comments: