Thursday, September 08, 2011

One Cable Mitts Class

contributed by Shawn

Not too long ago I was debating what to do with my latest "favorite skein". It was a single skein of the Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted Hand Dye yarn in the Chocolate color. I just hadn't come up with a pattern or project to match it's lovely hand and color.   

Barb suggested I make the Blue Sky Alpaca's FREE One Cable Mitts and I agreed, I would give them a try.  These mitts are so nice to put on! I can't wait to wear them for raking the yard.
The best part is they are a simple single cable that crosses in one direction (reversed for the second mitt).  They knit up so quickly and I like them so much that we decided this would make a great project class this fall. So come join us in October, learn how to cable and make your very own pair.

This pattern only takes one skein of this scrumptious blend of wool and alpaca so it's a great gift idea.

No comments: