Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2011

contributed by Shawn

I just can't keep up with the number of new patterns that have arrived in the shop that I want to make!  Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2011 arrived just in time to tempt all of our customers with excellent gift ideas!

I didn't waste any time getting started. I grabbed some Berroco Remix so that I can try out the short row techniques that Robin Ulrich uses to create the Northwoods Coasters. I'll let you know how that goes soon.

Next on my list? Is it an octopus? Or an octahedron? The Cephalohedron by Erica Schlueter is both! The Kidz Orange color in Berroco Comfort DK will be perfect. Then again, I can see one of the spotted colorways being a fun choice too!
I think I will be practicing my garter stitch seams by making a few of the Quatrefoil Cups by Katya Frankel in Berroco Vintage.
I might have to sneak the Midtown Cowl by Jenny Williams into my queue just for myself.  It's a wonderful excuse to knit with the Filatura di Crosa Superior yarn.
So many of my favorite yarns make an appearance in this issue that I just don't know when I'll have time to get all these projects in.  We just got some new Malabrigo stock so I've been eyeing the Rib and Button Scarf by Talitha Kuomi. It's shown in Malabrigo Rios yarn.
I also like the First Friday Shrug by Erica Jackofsky (Fiddle Knits). This is shown in Malabrigo Lace yarn.
Another of my favorite yarns, Manos del Uruguay Rittenhouse is simply stunning in the Flamboyant Shawl by Maria Leigh.
The great patterns don't stop here! Come on in and check out all of the other amazing gift ideas.  Don't forget you have just under 3 months before the winter holiday season hits!

No comments: