Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"A little late... but with lots of love" -or- "A wedding gift, completed"

Either would be a good title to this post! A customer of ours - and it's been years now, so let's also say "friend!" - Lindsay B. just emailed us the other day, with proof that her never-ending-afghan-knitting-and-putting-together project for her sister and brother-in-law has finally been completed! She used Plymouth Encore and Encore Colorspun, and made millions (ok, I'm exaggerating) of squares. Portable? Yes. An easy knit? Yes. A finishing nightmare? Yes again.


Read her email to us, below. Can you just FEEL how excited she is to be FINITO with this project?

Hello Kyarns Ladies!
I just wanted to let you know that I FINALLY finished my sister's wedding blanket - only a year late, but who's keeping score? Attached are a couple of photos of the blanket in its new home and with its new owners... apparently I'm psychic because I chose the colors and started knitting the squares before my sister and her husband picked out their new living room furniture - and it matches perfectly, as you can see!

Thank you so much for all your help, especially Kalen and Michele, for helping me choose colors, pep talking me when I thought I was done and discovered I had only knit half of the required number of squares, and for
showing me how to sew all 221 squares together. It was definitely a team effort and if Laura and Chris ever get divorced, I get the blanket back - and I'll bring it in to show you in person!


Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Lindsay B
(and Laura and Chris F)



Thanks Lindsay, for letting me share your email. I intentionally cropped this detail shot of the blanket - no offense to Laura and Chris! But look how GORGEOUS those seams are!!! Even on the underside, they are a sight to behold. So it's another success story - GREAT job Lindsay!

1 comment:

Yarn said...

nice job!