Friday, June 01, 2007

Tilli Tomas yarns plus new SOCK yarns

We just received our first shipment of Tilli Tomas yarns - we got Flurries (a gorgeous Australian merino wool with glass beads), Pure & Simple (100% spun silk), Rock Star (100% spun silk with glass beads) and Disco Lights (100% spun silk with petite sequins.) It is just lovely! This is the Pure & Simple:

And this is the Flurries (top) and Rock Star/Disco Lights (bottom):

Barb took a skein of the Jade in the Pure & Simple and started a pleated scarf. Normally, I am not a fan of the color jade. But this Jade makes me want to change my mind. It is SO pretty.

I took 2 skeins of Flurries and am knitting the simple little beaded baby hat. This would make a really special baby gift. What an heirloom!

Tonight I am headed down to Portsmouth, NH to visit my sister, and I am dropping off 4 skeins of Pure & Simple and some of the Rock Star at Joy's. She lives right along the way, and I figured this will get her knitting our sweater sample right away! She will be making us the "Drama Queen" sweater, a fitted sweater with ribs at the bottom and beaded cuffs and collar. Gorgeous. I think she is eager to start it. Barb says the yarn is heaven to knit!


I am almost finished my little textured sweater out of Handknit Cotton. All I have to do is pick up stitches for the button bands and then do some seaming and a lot of weaving in of ends. I always leave that to the end, I know. I like to work them into seams, so that's my excuse! I need to grab some buttons for it before I leave for the day.
Barb is almost finished her sock out of the Regia Bamboo. It's a toe up sock, and she's running a class on it in early July. It's already over half full, so call to sign up if you are interested.

We just got a partial shipment of our Tofutsies sock yarn - you know, the yarn with "chitin" - shrimp and crab shells! This yarn is all the rage, and we have 7 colors in stock now, with a few more on backorder, but soon to follow.


Monday we will be getting in three more sock yarns: Fortissima Socka w/Bamboo, Step (with Jojoba and Aloe Vera), and Trekking. Socks, socks, socks. They are all the rage!

No comments: