Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Small New Projects

We just got in some Bully Woolies Felting Kits. We have two bags - a larger handled tote available in 2 colorways
and a smaller bag that is available in four designs.
These are kits, sold in a little box with the pattern, the yarn (all the colors in the right amounts) and the button and/or handles. All you need is the needle and off you go. They are really reasonable, considering that once you make the bag with the yarn supplied, you can use the chart and dig into your stash to make more bags.


I really didn't want to start another project, since I have so many unfinished ones, but I broke down the other night and started the Flower Power bag, which is one of the smaller ones. I used to do intarsia ALL the time (way back when I was 20...) but I really haven't done it at all since then. This is a great project for beginning intarsia knitters, and also for those, like me, who haven't done it in a while and need to brush up on their skills. Because, since it will be felted, any little "problems" will be hidden when it is finished. That's my kind of intarsia!

I made some more progress on the American Girl Doll coat... why is it that a tiny project seems to take longer than a larger one? I told my girls I would make each of their dolls this coat, and that I would make it for one of their friend's dolls. Hmm. I might have to find a way out of that one. I'm not opposed to making 3 "items" for the dolls, but 3 of the same? That could put me over the edge. I'll have to be creative.




No comments: