Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Back to reality

Well, I'm back from vacation. It was wonderful to get away and enjoy temperatures in the 70s and 80s (though I'm aware it was that warm in VT for several days!) The best parts? Relaxing on the beach in Sanibel, hearing Helen and Sophie laugh and play together for many many days in a row, seeing my parents, running in warm weather, petting a dolphin at SeaWorld, and conquering my (and Sophie's) fears and doing water "coasters" and flumes at Typhoon Lagoon.
The not-so-best parts? That it had to end, and of course the weather when we stepped off the plane in Burlington on Sunday night (let me see - your typical 50 degrees, windy and raining...) At least the sun is shining brilliantly today, and did anyone catch the sunset last night? WOW!

Barb and Kalen did a great job holding down the fort while I was gone (Michele was also on vacation). Rug hooking is really picking up in the shop - yesterday we had to reorder a lot of patterns and kits. This week we have some new patterns coming in (Primitive Grace). I'm not sure what my next project will be. I am definitely going to hook our checkerboard pattern for Helen and Sophie, but I'm not sure if that is next on the agenda. The girls love to play checkers, and I have always wanted a large cloth checkerboard. So I will hook the checkerboard and most likely give it to them as a birthday present (August) or Christmas present. It will depend on how many other projects I start in the meantime.



We did get in some lovely new wools - textures and plaids. Can't wait to get started on some of these!
Fishies is nearing completion. I worked on it last night between post-vacation laundry loads.I made the Krayon Krazy sweater on vacation. It is adorable! And the yarn (Cilantro) rocks. It was excellent to knit with. I am on the sleeves on the Coco Loco sweater. It's cute and I hope to finish it up by the end of the weekend. Joy sent us two new kid's samples and they are great. One is Cheri Cherry in Manos Cotton Stria:and the other is an Oat Couture baby polo in Rowan Wool Cotton:

They are both adorable - and people are knitting for kids and babies like crazy at this time of year, so now we have four new models to inspire people.

No comments: