Tuesday, May 15, 2007

5th Anniversary Sale this Saturday!

Don't forget - our 5th Anniversary sale is this Saturday from 9am-5pm. It's NOT the tent sale, folks! It is in the shop and we'll have knit samples for sale as well (those are cash only). Come and help us celebrate 5 years of serving all of you wonderful customers!
Today is dying day in the kitchen here. We have already sold out of a number of wools that we dyed for rug hooking so we are needing to replenish them.
Michele is teaching a class right now to 6 eager beginning hookers. She brought in her latest rug - she just finished but still has to do the edging. Isn't it great?
I finished my Fish rug, and started the edging last night. Last week we got a new yarn from Berroco - called Peruvia. It's 100% Peruvian Highland wool and it's SO amazingly soft and gorgeous. The colors are incredible, and as I was photographing them to put on the website, I saw one that I thought would be perfect to bind my rug.
And it is! See how great the color looks?
I am really taking my time with the edging on this rug. I want it to be as perfect as possible. It is amazing how great it can look when you are slow and careful with it. I am eager to finish, but I am not going to sacrifice quality just so I can get it done quickly.
Today I am putting up (online) a new yarn from Plymouth for fall. It's called Royal Llama Silk, and it's a blend of 60% fine llama and 40% silk. It's incredibly soft - Joy is already knitting a sample for us (a great shawl) and can't put it down. Come in and check it out!
We also got OPAL! We used to carry Opal years ago, and then we switched to other sock brands. Now they have some really pretty colors, so we just brought in Hundertwassers and Hundertwassers Cotton. They are just gorgeous, and Opal is - in my opinion - the SOFTEST sock yarn we've ever had. It will be in the shop next week, but it's online for now!




No comments: