Saturday, May 19, 2007

One finished rug, now on to the next

I finished my Fish rug the other night. I am thrilled with it, and can't WAIT to hang it above my couch in the family room. It looks incredible in there, all of the colors blend perfectly with everything in the room, and it looks like it was made to be in that very spot. Well, hey, it WAS!
Last night I started another rug, this time a smaller one that is going to be a gift. It is SO cool. I can't show it until I am finished, just in case someone is looking. Kalen and I picked out colors yesterday before the shop closed, and I've already put in about 2.5 hours on it. I hope to be finished within a week or week and a half. It's tough making one for someone else. I hope the colors will work for this person, but I have to admit, they are just gorgeous. It's going to be hard giving it away, but it's so fun to work on, knowing that it will be enjoyed by someone else.
Today is our sale - and boy do we have some great deals on yarns here in the shop! Everthing knitting related is 10-50% off! It's a great time to stock up for your next few projects.
The girls and Marc are selling our old samples out in the front yard under a little tent. We have some amazing samples out there. It's tough, we spend a lot of time making these - but then if a yarn gets discontinued, or even the color of a yarn we've used, the sample is not really usable anymore. So we are constantly making new ones, and we've got a bunch to sell today.
It was supposed to rain today, but so far it's actually quite nice. The girls are in charge of the cookie plate (get here early, they keep sneaking cookies when we are not looking) and also in charge of helping us with bags at the counter. I've found that it's much easier for them (and US!) when they are separated by at least 5-10 yards.

No comments: