Monday, April 16, 2007

Travel Knitting

I'm headed out on vacation tomorrow, and I have a couple of smaller projects to take with me. I am making two Minnowknits cardigans - one is Coco Loco and I'm using Berroco Love It in Walnut, Brownstone and Salamander. Cute NON traditional baby colors. Sometimes you just need to shake it up a bit and show people some different color combinations.

Then I'm making Krayon Krazy, a really cute little colorblocked sweater. This will be made out of Nashua Handknits Cilantro in Lime Sorbet, Aqua, Lupine and Soft Green. Mmmm, these colors remind me of the beach, and since that's where I'll be, I thought they were a perfect choice.

I've been wanting to try both yarns but just couldn't come up with the right patterns. Now I have, and I am actually looking forward to casting on for one of these tomorrow on my flight!


This weekend we sold out of almost all of our rug hooking kits - so we have ordered more and they are due in any day. Our 6/13 evening class is full, but we still have some openings in our 5/15 day class.


Our newest shop sample is the Clovelly Cowl Neck Sweater - it's so cute. It fits nicely and the sleeves have such a nice little flare at the cuff. This yarn was so popular last year (Rowan Natural Silk Aran) and they have added four great new colors. Pattern is in the Coast booklet.

This past week we received a fall 2007 color card for Baby Ull (Dale of Norway) and to our surprise (and horror!) SO MANY of our favorite colors have been discontinued! There are a few new colors for fall that are really pretty, and we will be ordering those, but for now we are getting rid of all of the ones that they've discontinued. Think baby sweaters, shawls, socks, hats, etc! This yarn is NOT in the shop, but it is 40% off on the website. As usual, you are welcome to order it online and then put "hold for pickup" in the comments section.


Another great fingering weight yarn that's on sale is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock SOLIDS. Not the ones we normally have in the shop - but 10 of their solid colors. Again, online only. Normally $20 for $14. Great deal. This yarn is perfect for socks, shawls, baby items and more.









No comments: