Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Linen Stitch Scarf

contributed by Barb

A customer came into the shop this winter wearing a beautiful scarf around her neck. Of course, we asked her the typical questions:"Did you make your scarf?", "What yarn did you use?" and "What pattern did you use?"
In addition to knitting and crocheting, I also weave. The scarf had a woven look to it, and it was so inspiring that I picked out some yarn and started one in a linen stitch pattern right away. As you can see, I didn't get very far, but since my New Years resolution was to finish some projects, I recently pulled this scarf out and I am determined to finish it. 

It is really a mindless pattern and since I'm working in the round there are no purl rows.  When I am finished, I will drop stitches, unravel them and cut for fringe.  I just love the way a twisted fringe looks and will probably use that method to secure my ends.

I realized I'd like to add one or two more colors, and the new Koigu and Anne that just arrived will be perfect. After all, bright colors are in!

No comments: