Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Home Decor Anyone?

We just got a new pattern booklet from Classic Elite that is full of things to knit for the home. As I put this product online earlier today, I was struck by how many great patterns there are in this booklet! It's called Home Sweet Home.

I love the Modular throw, knit out of Sprout.
This would work up so quickly, and even though I like the bold choices they show in the picture (Cool Olive & New Navy) I would definitely tone it down and use something along the lines of Sepia, Summer Rain, Glacier or Mint.

I am a total sucker for a granny square blanket, especially when it's done in colors like this one!
It calls for Classic Elite Pebbles, but I would use Berroco Comfort DK or Berroco Pure Pima.

This little window shade is sweet!
It's done in Classic Elite Firefly, and this is a great new yarn that we brought in for spring. It's got it's own pattern booklet for garments, but it's refreshing to see it worked up in an item that your home can wear!

And oh how I love this lampshade!
We don't stock the Classic Elite Allegoro yarn, but I would definitely substitute Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy.

There are a lot of other great patterns in this booklet - for curtains, table runners, placemats and pillows. Doesn't your home deserve to wear some of your handiwork too?


No comments: