Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Rugs, rugs and more rugs

This week is the "Hooked in the Mountains XII" hooked rug fiber art show at the Shelburne Museum. Yesterday was my day off, and I spent a couple of hours there looking at over 400 hooked rugs. If you have some free time, I would definitely recommend heading over to the Round Barn to check out these amazing works of art. The show runs through November 18th, and is open 10am-5pm (4pm on the 18th). I had my camera, so this post will be picture heavy. But really, you need to see these rugs in person, to really appreciate their beauty. I loved the random colors of these fish.
These colors were great too. Very soothing!
A nice funky chicken!
This is a Primitive Grace pattern that we sell. Love it hooked! Very inspiring...
Beautiful view! Very realistic.
This was amazing. It is HUGE (almost 5x8 I'm guessing?) and the details are just incredible. You HAVE to see this one up close.
I just loved this one. Very artistic use of color.
This was very cool. Life size! And such vibrant color.
Not my favorite design, but incredible work...
Very nice! Love the top and bottom borders.

This was neat. Four pieces, and three dimensional. Wow.
Wow - vibrant colors! Makes you think of spring.A dark and dreary day, captured well.
And in contrast, a sunny day on a cornfield. Look how those leaves POP off the background.

I liked this one a lot. Orderly, yet random.
These two go together well. Wish my garden looked like that!

This was very 3 dimensional. I normally don't like all the texture, but I really liked this one!
WOW! Vivid.
I'd seen this one before. Fun!
I really thought this would have been fun to hook. I really liked the use of color.

Great example of what to do with scraps!

There was a lot of nice detail in this dragonfly.

I liked the background in this one.

And I remember when the woman who hooked this brought it into the shop a couple of years ago! She may have been looking for wool to bind it. It really lookes great finished. She made it for her friend whose dog had passed away. What a tribute!
So needless to say I was inspired to hook last night. And I found out that Lucy likes my rug as much as I do.





No comments: